Respect and Recognition
Tackling health barriers for people with disabilities
Adventures for half a century
AN AMERICAN DREAM
AI for agriculture
- Leading researchCapturing carbon to slow climate change With a $3.6 million Department of Energy grant, a WSU-led research team seeks ways to capture carbon dioxide from the air.
- Innovative conceptDestroying viruses after they invade A WSU researcher is exploring a completely new way to fight viral infections: creating a “Trojan virus” to kill another virus that causes disease.
- Apply NowWe want you at WSUFall 2022 applications are now open. Learn how you can become a #FutureCoug today.
- COVID-19 policyVaccinations and exemptions at WSU: Preliminary dataUnder the state’s COVID 19 vaccine mandate, all state employees must be fully vaccinated or granted an exemption by Oct. 18. See the latest figures.
- Targeting treatmentWhich antibiotics can beat an infection? New test gives a rapid answerThe test can identify antibiotic resistance in less than 90 minutes, a dramatic improvement from the one to two days required by current techniques.
- Mitigating diseaseIdentification of Brucella protein could lead to infection treatmentThe bacteria that cause brucellosis steal food from their hosts’ bodies to survive. Researchers may have identified an accomplice: a protein in the host cell.
- Advancing truthCombatting misinformation onlineAs part of a team, a WSU researcher will work to detect misinformation on social media platforms and determine what methods of debunking it are effective.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- Nov. 8 Priority registration begins for spring semester
- Nov. 11 Veterans Day: All-university holiday
- Nov. 19 Last day to take a final examination for an advanced degree
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $421.8 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2019-20
- 75% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2019-20